One of the reasons we love a versatile and stylish chest of drawers is that it can work around your home to suit your needs beyond the bedroom. It’s a great piece of furniture for your hallway or living space to hide away all those bits that seem to have no place and they’re ideal for keeping your home office or study in a pristine condition all-year round.
Peruse our selection of 8 storage solutions to keep your home clear of mess and your design-eye utterly satisfied.
1. A striking waved fronted chest of drawers in coloured lacquer with contrasting brass handles. Handcrafted by British designer Julian Chichester it boasts three spacious drawers and is suited for both your bedroom and hallway.
2. This traditional waxed cherry wood chest of drawers has 4 classic French style bowed drawers, and petite acorn-shaped handles in lacquered brass and ball feet. Created by Moissonnier, it works well as a vanity unit, in combination with a fixed wall mirror and the top drawer is perfect for cosmetics. It’s available in black, turquoise or light coloured wood.
3. The limited edition Crochet chest of drawers features deep purple jewel-like tones that contrast beautifully with the darkened gold leaf of its seven drawers. Boca do Lobo masterfully forges 60kg of classic brass pulls, crafted by a local jeweller, to create this fine mesh effect. This is a statement piece and as such it must be exhibited in high traffic areas in your home.
4. Add a blast from the past to your home with this classic 60’s style chest of drawers, made of solid oak. The 3 large fibreboard drawers have mustard yellow colouring with beautifully designed oak handles. This is the perfect piece to add a retro vibe to any room in the house.
5. The long, curled, steel handles of the Berto red chest of drawers play an important role in the aesthetics of this piece of furniture. Not only do they stand out against the shiny red lacquered finish, but they are a cheeky contradiction to the more classic form of its body. Berto is among the best selling products of Creazioni.
6. A non-official chest of drawers, nonetheless equally worthy of this list is the oak Tournus commode by Moissonnier. Its smaller but equally spacious interior features to shelves, and a shabby-chic feel which makes it ideal for your bedroom or a narrow nook in your home. One can never have too much storage!
7. For storage solution ideas for your office or study look no further than the mesmerizing Revolving chest of drawers by Cappellini. It features 20 drawers that cleverly revolve around a vertical metal support. And if the red acrylic is too much for you, we recommend the Pyramid chest of drawers made from a transparent acrylic resin with 17 drawers, more than enough space to keep your documents in order.
8. Design and function find their true meaning with this piece. The nickel handles and the fashionable red tassel detail compliments the lacquered dark brown (almost black) finish. The classic small chest of drawers features a deep drawer and a cabinet that are perfect for keeping your next-to-your-bed accoutrements easily accessible and organised.
Although, not really a chest of drawers in the traditional sense of the word this list would not be complete without our honourable mentions. It goes to the outstanding Millionaire’s Limited Edition Safe Box, made from mahogany and covered in highly polished brass that is dipped in gold. This unique piece is one of indisputable value with its remarkable design and fully functional lockable drawers.
Our final thought is all about the practicalities of choosing your favourite designer chest of drawers, make sure you’ve measured the space in which your planning to place your furniture and choose the style you love. And remember, if you see something you fancy and it’s a little outside your budget, consider our ‘Buy Now, Pay Later’ scheme. Owning designer furniture just became so much easier!